Create Caribbean offers a variety of teaching, research and learning opportunities for the institutions, organizations and individuals we serve.
Research Institute at Dominica State College
Create Caribbean Inc. has partnered with the Dominica State College to fill a gap in the institution’s research capacity. The Research Institute is housed at the college’s Stockfarm Campus and functions as part of the campus community. Create Caribbean Inc. provides academic research support, courses, internships and consultancy services to faculty, students, scholars, public and private sector institutions, and community organizations. Our emphasis on using digital technologies to conduct and display research responds to the growing ICT-focused culture in the Caribbean.
Create Caribbean’s work spans these three major areas:
- Identify and propose projects related to cultural preservation.
- Design, build and publish academic web-based resources for use at all grade levels, with specific focus on Caribbean history, literature, arts, social and political development.
- Facilitate access to research databases, regional and international scholars and relevant conferences and workshops to students and faculty.
- Host lecture and film series related to Caribbean cultural studies for the Dominica State College campus community.
- Develop apps, games and other software to display and distribute educational and research content to students, scholars and the general public.
- Provide internships, mentoring and training opportunities for students interested in IT to build skills in app development.
- Provide Digital Media workshops for students age 8-14 to increase interest in digital tools and ICT/STEM fields.
- Provide professional development workshops for Dominica State College faculty on the integration of technology in the classroom.
- Identify and partner with community organizations to design and produce projects on cultural heritage and preservation.
- Partner with civic and service organizations to support existing educational programs related to Create Caribbean Inc.’s mission and programs.
- Enhance the academic and social community of the Dominica State College by providing a space at the Research Institute where students, lecturers and invited guests can meet, spend time and informally exchange ideas.